Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Reading

The other day i was telling a friend....an online friend ofcourse...that since the computer has come and all this new medium of keeping in touch with friends has emerged...my reading habit..which was pathetic to start with....but could boast of a few newpapers and magazines seems to have been relegated to a "only if time permits" kinda reading. And believe me it is not a great feeling at all. For one i always thought i was well informed person..had to be at the cutting edge of the News and Happenings.

But it is amazing hows hours go by when one is in front of the computer. Be it any of the social networking communities or just reading comment and reviews on news networks....and then there is the chats....even before i realise the day has gone by...literally

My dad had a touring job and in those it was even before the onset on TV....when we were in school, me my mom n brother used to live mostly on our own...and the amount of reading we used to was amazing. We used to be members of a library and it appeared like we were the only ones reading....returning books and magazines almost on a daily basis and demanding new ones....lollllllllllllll.

Today on the other hand while i am happy with my computer ...my son watches cartoons continuously....well one would argue...the comics books are replaced by video and made life more enjoyable. But is it true....

For example we had to go to the library to get books, which was an activity in itself...and had to choose and pick books....we used to read..which meant learning language...new words....understanding the useage....etc etc....but now...he is developing into a couch potato...and me a e potato...hehehehe

1 comment:

Unknown said...

See, I'm reading again! Keep writing Mams!